In this exciting age of technology in which we live, studies are finding that we are more connected than ever yet we have actually become more disconnected too.
My goal today is quite simple. I want to help create a bit more balance and reality in your life.
First of all, I am a HUGE fan of technology. I earn a living using my laptop, Internet, email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Calendar, Docs, etc…. And, I want you too, to be in the 21st Century of the business world. But, let’s have a reality check.
- Limit the time you spend on social media sites. When you are more interested in others social life, you take away from your own interests, socializing and personal growth..
- Use the ‘mediums’ properly. Do NOT express an important and heartfelt message of gratitude or birthday wishes via email or a FB post. I’ve never met anyone who printed an email birthday or thank you card because it meant so much. Just like Coca-Cola, “Ain’t nothing like the real thing.”
- Behave on-line as you would off-line and in person. You would never whisper to others when a speaker is talking would you? If you are texting while others are talking you might as well be whispering as you are having a conversation with someone else.
- Blasting your business on FB is like spamming your list. Develop and nurture the relationship and when the time is right, then “pop the question!”
- Does a smart phone make your smarter? If you need to check email all day, you are probably doing more busy work than actually working.
Technology can be our friend and at times can be our enemy. There is a time and a place for technology. Use it wisely and it will serve you well. Let it absorb you and you become more like a machine and less of the person you were meant to be.
To your continued success, wealth, health and abundant life,
Need a simple system to help you keep in touch and in contact with others?
If you want to work for yourself from the comfort of your home …
Weekly Success Newsletter